Each week, we spotlight a favorite ice cream and a super-sweet deal.
This week (June 21-28):
The ice cream: I’m a sucker for anything cinnamon, and this easy-to-make recipe didn’t disappoint. We brought out our ancient ice cream maker (a hand-me-down from my husband’s grandparents), and the kids had fun pouring in the ice and salt. Minus that little incident when my 4-year-old decided to eat some of the salt, the whole process made for great after-dinner fun. This would be delicious with oatmeal cookies or a little slice of chocolate cake. Here’s the recipe we used.
The sweet deal: I popped into the arc thrift store at Broadway and Florida looking for a cheap bookshelf for the playroom, but left with this adorable orange- and white- striped vintage sundress that caught my eye. I love the criss-cross straps, held in place with buttons in back and the chevron striping is flattering. The best part? $7.99.
– Lesley Kennedy
- Flavors of the week: Peach ice cream and Vera Wang at Kohls
- Little Man Ice Cream’s Flavors of the Week – S’mores ice cream & last minute bargains
- Little Man Ice Cream’s Flavors of the Week – Cupcake Ice Cream & free shipping deals
- Flavors of the week: Ice cream floats & way cheap blouses!
- Little Man Ice Cream’s flavors of the week – Lemon Sorbet &