At the Oscars for the fashion design world, Rodarte , from designers Kate and Laura Mulleavy, was named Womenswear Designer of the Year.
The Council of Fashion Designs of America annual award show, held June 16, honors the industry’s most influential artists.
Celebs on the red carpet: Blake Lively, Ashley Olsen, Jack White, Heidi Klum, Bradley Cooper, Claire Danes, Kirsten Dunst, Lake Bell, Bernadette Peters, Molly Sims and Whitney Port.
- Womenswear Designer of the Year: Rodarte
- Menswear Designer of the Year (tie): Band of Outsiders and Calvin Klein Collection
- Accessory Designer of the Year: Proenza Schouler
- Swarovski Award for Emerging Talent Womenswear: Alexander Wang
- Swarovski Award for Emerging Talent Menswear: Tim Hamilton
- Swarovski Award for Emerging Talent Accessory Design: Subversive Jewelry
- Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award: Anna Sui
- International Award: Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton
- Eugenia Sheppard Award for Fashion Journalism: Edward Nardoza, Editor-in-Chief, Women’s Wear Daily
- Eleanor Lambert Award: Jim Moore, Creative Director, GQ
- Board of Directors’ Special Tribute: Michelle Obama